4-day desert trips from Marrakech
This tour “4 days desert trips from Marrakech ” is one of the most amazing tours to explore the Moroccan Desert. It allows you to discover the most stunning and exotic places between Marrakech and Erg chebbi dunes. You will start your tour from Marrakech one of the busiest cities in Morocco. It has a mix of old and modern architecture. Then travel to Dades valley through the High Atlas mountains.
On your way to the Moroccan Sahara Desert, you will have the opportunity to visit Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah, one of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Next, head to the desert and enjoy the camel rides and overnight in the Desert Camp under the stars. You will have the chance to explore the Moroccan Desert on 4X4 cars, visit local Berber nomads in the area, Gnaoua Music in Khamlia. In the last day of this 4 days desert tour from Marrakech, we will drive back to Marrakech or continue the adventure to Fes, the ancient capital of Morocco.
After our breakfast in Dades valley, we will continue our tour to Todra gorges “Todgha gorges” through Tineghir and making stops to enjoy the canyons views and take few pictures for the natural rocks and river… At the afternoon, we continue to Tinejdad for lunch and then heading to Erfoud where we will visit the Fossil craft workshop And we continue to Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga Sahara.
Once arrived, you will be able to rest and have an opportunity to socialize with other guests. by evening, a Berber dinner will be served along with some ambiance and entertainment such as fire drums music. The locals are good story tellers, they will give you company. You can choose between sleeping in a Berber private bivouac with all bedding included or outside under the stars.
Early in the morning, before sunrise time, we will ride camels to return to the hotel. After breakfast, we will travel by 4×4 vehicules to visit Gnaoua village Khamlia where we will be entertained by local music. After spending a worthwhile moment with Gnaoua the band, we will visit some nomads Families and drive to Rissani city to see the largest “souk” traditional market of the region. People from region shop in there. After lunch in Rissani: Tajines, Mint Tea and Madfouna which is a principal meal in this region we will return Merzouga to spend the night.
Right after breakfast, we’ll leave the Sahara toward Fes or Marrakech:
- Marrakech: We will drive toward Ouarzazate via Rissani, Alnif, Nkob. We will drive across Tizi n Tichka pass to reach Marrakech.
- Fez: We will drive across Ziz valley, Midelt, Azrou and Ifrane city known as the Moroccan Switzerland
Here’s the night-by-night plan for your 4-day desert trips from Marrakech :
- 1 night at Dades valley hotel or Riad
- 1 night at Erg Chebbi desert camp
- 1 night in a hotel in Merzouga
All prices are in EUR (€) per person:
- General price: €490.00 per person for a group of 10 travelers or more.
- For a private tour:
- 1 Traveler : €1280.00
- 2 Travelers : €780.00 PP
- 4 Travelers : €670.00 PP
- 6 Travelers : €580.00 PP
- Group of 10 PAX or more : €490.00 PP
- Children under 6 years old travel for free.
- Children under 12 years old receive a 50% discount.
- Children 12 years and older will be charged the adult rate.395.00
- Pick up from the airport, lodging… in Marrakech
- Transportation in comfortable air conditioned car 4×4, Mini-van…
- Multilingual driver/guide
- Fuel and anythings linked to the car and driver
- 3 nights in good accommodations including luxury desert camp
- Camel rides to reach the desert camp in Merzouga Sahara Desert
- 4×4 Excursion in desert
- 3 diners, 3 breakfasts
- 1 lunch in Khamlia ( Madfouna, Berber Pizza)
- Drop off in your hotel/Riad in Marrakech or Fez
- Flight tickets
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
Merzouga (Desert Hotel):
Interested in this tour or need more information? Please fill out the form.