5-Day Sahara Tour From Marrakech
If you are seeking the best Sahara tour from Marrakech, this 5-day journey is the best choice for you.
This tour offers a captivating journey through Morocco’s diverse landscapes, spanning from the snow-capped Atlas Mountains to the expansive Sahara Desert. Along the way, you’ll immerse yourself in traditional Moroccan culture and visit some of the country’s most iconic landmarks. Your adventure includes an exploration of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou, a fortified ksar renowned as a filming location for numerous Hollywood movies. From there, you’ll proceed to Ouarzazate and make your way to the enchanting Merzouga Desert.
While in the desert, you will ride a camel to the luxury camp located in the heart of the dunes. The following day, you will embark on a 4×4 adventure to explore the desert. We visit local Berber Nomads, experience Gnaoua music in Khamlia. We will have the entire afternoon for outdoor activities such as buggy and quad adventures.
This trip starts from Marrakech through the Atlas Mountain TIZI-N-TICHKA reaching Kasbah AIT BEN HADDOU, one of the most beautiful villages in Morocco nominated a UNESCO world heritage site since 1987. After exploring this area, the road will be to to DADES Gorges at your hotel with dinner and breakfast included. Between Ouarzazate and DADES, we will pass by the Valley of roses in KELAAT M’GOUNA, a famous place for an annual roses festival.
After breakfast in Dades valley, we will continue our road to Todra gorges “Todgha gorges” through Tinghir. Stopping for a while to take some photos and admiring the Canyons view. by the afternoon, we will get to Tinejdad where you will have lunch and then going to Erfoud where we will pass by Fossil craft workshop; the famous clothing and accessories brand. We’ll continue then to Merzouga Erg Chebbi. After resting for a moment in Merzouga, there will enjoy Camel rides and trekking activity through the golden sand dunes of Erg Chebbi in desert to get to the traditional camp (Nomad, Berber tents) where you will be spending the second night. This is a good opportunity to sahara sunset and sunrise. The night will be animated by drums music.
At the early morning, on sunrise time,to catch the beauty of sunrise in the desert. You will ride camels to return to your hotel. After having breakfast, we will visit Gnaoua village Khamlia where we will be entertained by local famous music instruments by Gnaoua band. we will give visit to nomads Families and we will drive to Rissani city to see the largest “souk” traditional market of the region. Locales from surrounding areas accede to this city to shop for their every day needs. After lunch in Rissani: Madfouna, Tajines, Mint Tea drink… “Madfouna, a famous meal in the town” we will take the road back to Merzouga where to spend the night.
The 4th day of our “desert tour” trip, we’ll leave the Sahara towards the African Hollywood, Ouarzazate where some famous Hollywood movies were filmed ‘Atlas studios’ ; Gladiator to Babel, before featuring in Game of Thrones. Before reaching Ouarzazat, we will travel through Rissan, Alnif, Nakob and Zagora, another desert’s gate where we will explore some Kasbah and the Palms trees forest. After having lunch in Zagora, we will leave to the African Hollywood, Ouarzazate where you will have some time to explore this the area by yourself.
on the 5th day, we will return to Marrakech through the Tizi-N-Tichka Pass and we will have a stop at a village named “Taddart” located at half of the road between Marrakech and Ouarzazat.
Here’s the night-by-night plan for your 5-Day Sahara Tour From Marrakech:
- 1 night in DADES Gorges hotel
- 1 night in Merzouga desert Camp
- 1 night in Merzouga hotel/Riad
- 1 night in Ourzazate hotel/Riad
All prices are in EUR (€) per person:
- General price: €690.00 per person for a group of 10 travelers or more.
- For a private tour:
- 1 Traveler : €1790.00
- 2 Travelers : €1190.00 PP
- 4 Travelers : €990.00 PP
- 6 Travelers : €880.00 PP
- Group of 10 PAX or more : €690.00 PP
- Children under 6 years old travel for free.
- Children under 12 years old receive a 50% discount.
- Children 12 years and older will be charged the adult rate.395.00
- Pick up from the airport, lodging… in Marrakech
- Transportation in comfortable air conditioned car 4×4, Mini-van…
- Multilingual driver/guide
- Fuel and anythings linked to the car and driver
- 1 night in Hotel/Riad in Dades Valley
- Camel rides to reach the desert camp in Merzouga Sahara Desert
- Lodging in traditional desert camp in Sahara
- 1 night in Hotel/Riad in Sahara Desert
- 1 night in Hotel/Riad in Merzouga
- 1 night in Hotel/Riad in Ouarzazate
- 1 lunch in Khamlia ( Madfouna, Berber Pizza)
- HB accommodations (Dinners, rooms and breakfasts)
- Drop off in your Hotel/Riad in Marrakech
- Flight tickets
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
Merzouga (Desert Hotel):
Interested in this tour or need more information? Please fill out the form.